The Standel Company was in full swing by the late 50's. In 1958, operations were moved from 10661 Freer St., Temple City (Bob's garage workshop) to 4983 Double Drive in Temple City, California. Under the direction of Mr.Crooks, the company continued to grow and in 1967 a new, larger facility was built at 4918 Santa Anita Ave., El Monte, California.
The Standel factory as it was between the years of 1967 and 1972, located at 4918 Santa Anita Ave. El Monte, California. In 1973 Chicago Musical Instruments took control and built amps there 'till 1974. At the time CMI also owned Gibson guitars. The large structure to the left was the demonstration room where some of the worlds greatest musicians came to play the amps.more